Writing and Speaking
- GAP is useful for computational group theory. Here you can download it and find the manual. GAP is free and open source.
- MAGMA is a computer algebra system useful for all sorts of things. Find the manual for it
here. MAGMA is neither open source nor free.
- Sage is a computer algebra system that's also useful for all sorts of things. Get started using Sage here. It's based on Python for which a good tutorial can be found here.
- There's a campus cluster.
- The Committee on Academic Computing gave us funding to get two high-end linux machines (in Olin 357).
Last modified on May 18, 2010